Saturday, March 31, 2007

Why The Ugly Attitude – Did The Car Make Him Do it?

I drive the Interstate highway every workday to and from work. Entering the Interstate can be a very frustrating experience when the traffic is heavy and sometimes even when it isn’t that busy. What is merely difficult becomes downright dangerous when speeding up to enter the highway, and a driver in the lane you are entering speeds up on purpose to make it even more difficult and unsafe.

Yesterday was just such an occasion. A man in a large older vehicle decided to speed up so much that that my car would have needed to drive on the side of the road if I could not have speeded up myself. Fortunately, my little car was able to speed up safely into the traffic. The man then felt it was necessary to tailgate me for the next several miles. I just ignored him. Too bad the State Police weren’t there to see it all and point out his “mistake” and check his breath. He apparently wanted to intimidate or annoy someone, but it wasn’t his lucky day.

Guess he didn’t realize that his actions screamed out loud that he not only had no brains, but obviously no control over himself or legitimate concern for the safety of others on the road, especially because there was no provocation for his actions.

I hope someone tells him that real tailgating is done in parking lots before football games, whoever that idiot was.

No comments: