Sunday, August 5, 2007

Not A Green Thumb In The House



Last May we replanted three tiny little tomato plants which had been grown from seed by a friend and given to me. It is now August and there are finally two tiny tomatoes on each of two plants. The third plant must be still thinking about it. At this point of the summer, I am not hopeful that they are going to produce enough for a salad. Still, four little tomatoes are better than none at all. Next year, I will try growing them myself and use an appropriate fertilizer. There's nothing better than a fresh picked tomato.

My mother loved to plant tomatoes every year (never used a fertilizer) in her back yard. There were always bumper crops of luscious tasting tomatoes from her garden. It’s obvious that the green thumb was not passed on to me.

No comments: