Sunday, August 5, 2007

Iced Coffee Is An Anytime Treat





Iced Coffee doesn't taste as good when ice cubes made only with water have started to melt and dilute the coffee to a more watery taste. Cubes made from coffee produce a better result. We basically ruined the little cube trays to get them out and try it.

It was important to me to find ice cube trays that produced really small cubes. I finally found them on e-Bay and ordered several packages. That was a mistake.

The flat bottom of the tiny ice cube trays make it all but totally impossible to remove the cubes. (Uploading the picture on Blogger has blurred it for some reason as the picture is clear that I took. I wanted to show you the difference.)

To make matters even worse, I added sugar to the coffee before cooling and freezing them because the trays spilled in the freezer; they were not shaped right on the top either and were difficult to fill.

I think a new set of the regular size poured half full to make smaller ice cubes (although I am still going to use some sugar) will solve the problem. At least I can get the regular size trays in local stores. Note that it seems to take longer to freeze when sugar is used, so you might want to try making them without sugar.

Make your coffee in the normal meaurements. Freeze your cubes, let your coffee cool in a glass container and refrigerate it. When the coffee cubes in the trays are frozen, it's easy to assemble and enjoy the entire drink.

No comments: